A BIG Thank You to MR. Bob Davis for hooking us up with the Radio Show of CTI material.
I've always had a soft spot for the CTI label since I got my first one, in '92. I collected 'em all (Benson, Esther Phillips, Hubbard, Deodato, Idris Muhammed, etc.) and love that sound. I know most of you are more into the nu skool sounds, but I always like to go back and dig in the crates of the past. I got chills up my spine when I heard Esther Phillips do Gil Scott Heron's "Home is where the hatred is", it is hauntingly beautiful tune.
Let's have some fun and list your fave Rare Groove, Latin, & Jazz funk tunes. What's yours???
1) Milt Jackson- People make the world go round (CTI)
2) Side Effect- Always There (Fantasy)
3) Odyssey- Don't tell me, tell her (RCA)
4) Grady Tate- Moondance (Argo/ Charly)
5) Minnie Ripperton- Reasons (CBS)
6) Collosseum- Elegy (ABC/Dunhill)
7) Donald Byrd- Wind Parade (Blue Note)
8) Hugh Masekela- Child of the Earth (Chisa)
9) Lonnie Liston Smith- Expansions (Flying Dutchman)
10) Leon Thomas- Just in time to see the sun (Flying Dutchman)
11) Malo-Momtombo (Warner Bros.)
12) The Last Poets- Related to what (Douglas 7)
13) Stevie Wonder- Blackman (Motown)
14) Manu Dibango- New Bell (Atlantic)
15) Kathryn Moses- Music in my heart (?, Around the world)
16) Nina Simone- Funkier than a Mosquito's Tweeter (?)
17) Idris Muhammed- Loran's Dance (Kudo/ cti)
18) Johnny Hammond- Fantasy (Fantasy)
19) Patrice Rushen- Roll with the punches (Prestige)
20) Roy Ayers- Take all the time you need (Polydor)
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Tue Mar 05 2002 - 11:43:59 CET